I Skyped Kira this morning 🙂
http://nyti.ms/2tVnMEU – (2009) NY Times Interactive Map of Water Pollution (Michigan)
http://bit.ly/2tOFfy4 – Bait Fish/Minnows (Michigan)
http://bit.ly/2tSSBcl – DNR Identifying Michigan Fish
Bullet points of the day:
- A family asked me what the insects dancing on the water were called. I almost said water gliders instead of water striders.
- I Googled “how long can crayfish live out of water” (several days if wet gills, months if humid environment!).
- I caught a fish and while IDing it debated between creek chub or blacknose minnow, then gave up and emailed the experts. It was a bluntnose minnow!
- I read the color of water described as “coffee” for the first time. Check it out by CTRL-Fing “coffee”: http://bit.ly/2tOFfy4.
- I thought of how the word “crayfish” can be used in a pun: “that fish is cray cray.”